RE:What was your most amusing or embarrassing experience

I often go to a river near my home during the summer to fish, skinnydip and sunbathe. There is about a 100 yard walk from where I park to the river, along a farm road through a wooded area, passed a usually closed gate. One day I didn't see anyone so I got nude after I parked, grabbed a pair of shorts and started my walk down the road Nude. About 20 yards down the road I heard a woman say "I didn't expect to see that today" . A woman was sitting on a 4 wheeler, backed into some bushes. She was watching for someone who had been damaging her gate.
I pulled on my shorts then we talked for a few minutes. Turns out she had no problem with me spending nude time there, anytime. I have many times since.

This post was edited

Ive had several unexpected encounters with various textiles while I was nude, but I wouldnt classify them as embarrassing. I think all of us would agree that there is no reason to be embarrassed or ashamed of being nude, so why do we get embarrassed when someone unexpectedly discovers us while were nude?

It has always been my philosophy to act naturally when encountering someone unexpectedly. This approach has been successful 100% of the time. I dont try to cover up, and I dont apologize. No one has ever commented on my attire, or seemed at all upset by it. I believe that if you act like youve been caught misbehaving, then others will realize that you know youre doing something you shouldnt do. We ought to stop acting as if being nude is a big deal if we really believe it is a trivial detail. Stop being embarrassed by your nudity.

This post was edited

I believe that if you act like youve been caught misbehaving, then others will realize that you know youre doing something you shouldnt do. We ought to stop acting as if being nude is a big deal if we really believe it is a trivial detail. Stop being embarrassed by your nudity.

Exactly. That's what I did one day at the Steam Vents here in Hawaii. They are/were an area adjacent to the currently famous lava flow, which had been dotted with steaming caves since a flow in the '50s, on ruined sugar-cane land, where people used to go for a natural sauna, clothing beside the point. I was walking around in there, cooling off in a misting rain from a long sit in a steam cave, when a carload of fully dressed twenty something men and women came down the path, looking for the attraction they'd read was there. So I said hello, and pointed down trails in a few directions, letting them know what was where; they headed off to a nearby grotto. Which, as it happened, was configured to reflect the sound of their conversation as they settled in. So I heard the fellow with whom I'd mostly spoken telling the rest of them how he had stepped up to manage their encounter with the naked guy - "I just treated it as if I had encountered a wild animal in the woods. "

I was embarrassed for a moment, until I realized that I should simply take it as a reflection of my own complete unselfconsciousness about nudity.

This post was edited

Stop being embarrassed by your nudity.

Bill, I agree with you in what you said here. This particular string is about embarrassing moments though so that is what we are writing about. I truly wish I could be 100% as you write. I just want to caution you to be cognizant of other people's circumstances as they are not all the same. The way in which I was brought up and the values which were instilled in me for years and years are certainly not in line with the values I hold now. Though I am working on it, I still have insecurities when in areas that are not designated for naked activities. So when I am suddenly put in an un-expectant situation, yes the feeling of embarrassment was an uncontrollable feeling. Indeed later on I did think to myself I should have just acted more natural but that wasn't my "fight or flight" response at the time.

This post was edited

I have to disagree a bit ... this thread is about AMUSING or embarrassing stories. You shouldn't read into every post as though the poster is relating an embarrassing incident ... it could be and has always been, in my cases ... amusing!

...and ... Bill and I have been on other sites together and we've not agreed much on things and we don't here. NOBODY has the right to tell anyone how they should feel or react to a nude encounter with clothed people. All people are different. All people have extenuating circumstances that affect their nudist practices. It's really unnecessary to tell people to "Stop..."

This post was edited

Agreed Andi. I suppose I am just trying to be nice but it looks like you and I see eye to eye.

This post was edited

I posted this on a different thread. It fits here as amusing looking back on it. It wasnt amusing then, it was confusing.
I had a weird bathroom experience a long time ago. I was at an old rustic nudist camp. There were two outhouses almost hidden behind some trees and bushes, the first one was for the men, farther up the trail was one for the women. I was nude of course. I had just sat down on one of the four toilet openings. Before I even started peeing, a young 8 or 9 or at the most 10 year old girl rushed in. she was also nude of course. Before I had a chance to tell her that the girls outhouse was a little farther up the trail, she was sitting on the hole next to me and gabbing away and peeing. She wiped herself dry and left. I hadnt moved, peed, farted or spoken a word. I sat there confused and kinda shocked for several minutes before doing what I came in there to do.

This post was edited

I put my dog on the leash in my backyard nude. She saw a skunk and went after it coming completely out of her collar.. I chased her. Just a reaction. I got lost in my own neighborhood. My wife found me. I was freaked out. Black man running around the neighborhood at 1am with a dog lost. Smh

This post was edited

I had another social faux pas a few summers ago at De Anza Springs. My wife & I and my sister and her husband were sitting on the lawn area near the pool deciding on whether to walk one of the desert trails when this couple walks up.

We all had no clue who they were but right away he greets me by my first name and asks how our Marti Gras party went! I told him that we had to cancel due to illness, but all the while I was searching my memory trying to remember who these people were. Finally, after an awkward pause and noticing that I was stumped for a name, he dropped a clue by asking how we were enjoying our new patio cover.

Then the light bulb went on. The previous winter rather than refurbish and repaint our old patio cover we had contracted his company to install a new metal cover with louvers that opened and closed. This was Tom, the project manager and he had been to our home many times over the three weeks of demolition and construction.

Brain fart over, we did a quick round of introductions we decided to postpone the hike and sit around, gab and enjoy a few adult beverages.

This post was edited

I think my most embarrassing moment was at my first nudist get-together. Some people were sitting in a circle chatting and drinking; and I decided to join them. The chairs were the plastic, easily pliable kind. I was drinking my beer, fidgeting a bit, rocking back and forth. The next thing I knew I was flying backyards. I landed on my back, ass in the air, spread-eagled. I got back up quickly, jumped over the chair and landed in it, pretending as if nothing just happened. Everyone just looked at me like: "What the hell was that!?!" I played it off the best I could, but I was so red in the face that people couldn't help to crack a smile. Needless to say I never fidgeted again.

My fiance had a similar experience at Club O. Not only that but it was her first time in a nudist environment. After some convincing she agreed to go skinny-dipping with me, choosing to remove her bottom once in the water (she was already topless). After swimming for a while we decided to get back to the shore. Once we got back to waist-high water, she decided to put her bottom back on. The current was strong that day, and the waves were high. The first wave knocked us over as she was trying to put her bottom back on. The current then dragged us underwater. The second wave flung us closer to the shore. As I looked over to my fiance she on all fours facing away from the beach, trying to get back up on her feet. It had been a bit scary; and I think the adrenaline rush knocked the modesty out of her. As I helped her back on her feet, we were now in just ankle-high water. I asked her if she wanted to put her bottom back on, and red as a beet, she just laughed and said that the "entire beach had just seen her rolling around naked, so there pretty much was no longer any point to it!" We both laughed; and I was just happy she was taking her unexpected nudity so lightly. I guess that was one way of being introduced to beach nudism!!

This post was edited